Entry Level Sales Engineer - Mechanical Engineering - £25k-£30k
- Mechanical Engineering
- Oil & Gas, Food & Beverage, Process, General Manufacturing
- West Midlands
- £25k-£30k, £6k-£10k OTE, pension, car/car allowance
World leading pump manufacturer requires an individual with a passion for mechanical engineering and sales to embark on a career as a field based sales engineer
- Extensive product training
- Market leading technology
- The largest portfolio of products in the industry
- Over 50 years of experience
- This is a brilliant opportunity for anyone with an interest in mechanical engineering, either hands on or academic who is looking to start a career in field sales
- Selling service contracts for pumps, associated spares and systems
- Selling to End Users in the Food, Beverage and Packaging sectors
- Average order can very massively but it all supports the service engineering team and usually leads to extra product sales
- This is a new venture for the company so it’s a great opportunity to make an impact and then grow the patch outside of the 50mile radius and possibly grow a team
- 100% existing business to begin with, prospecting after 2-3- months
- Reporting directly to the UK Sales Manager
- You will be targeting everyone from the shop floor to senior management and procurement directors
- This is a new business development role
The Ideal Person:
- Ideally with a technical or engineering background, but would look at a strong B2B sales guy with new business achievement
- This is viewed as an entry level position for the company. An opportunity to get in and make a name for yourself
- Able to source new business
- Not afraid of people saying no
- Proactive, ambitious, dynamic
- A door opener
Consultant: Guy Marshall
Tel no. 0208 397 4114
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK.
About On Target
On Target Recruitment is now recognised as one of the UK's leading specialist recruitment agencies, with the business having grown significantly since its creation in 1994.
At On Target, we specialise in sales, technical and commercial jobs in the Engineering, Construction, Building Services, Medical & Scientific, and Commercial & Industrial Solutions sectors, enabling our consultants to become experts in their market sector. We place all levels of personnel, up to Director across the UK and internationally.
The roles our sector based teams recruit for include: sales executive jobs, sales engineer jobs, national account manager jobs, business development manager jobs, field sales jobs, retail sales manager jobs, project engineer jobs, design engineer jobs, applications engineer jobs, maintenance engineer jobs, project manager jobs, service engineer jobs, marketing manager jobs, product manager jobs, brand manager jobs, customer service manager jobs, and export manager jobs.
The Construction sector includes: Plumbing, Kitchens, Bathrooms, Ceilings, Flooring, Fabrics, Building Materials, Coatings, Appliances, Kitchens, Roofing, Glazing systems, Doors, Drainage, Tools, Plant and Equipment.
The Building Services sector includes: Lighting, Lighting Controls, Electrical Switchgear and Accessories, Electrical, Heating, Ventilation, Air conditioning, Controls, Valves, Fire, Security, Renewables, BMS.
The Engineering sector includes: Capital Equipment, Control and Automation, Electronic, Energy, Fluid Power, Industrial, Instrumentation, Hydraulics, Pneumatics, Power Transmission and Pumps & Valves.
The Medical & Scientific sector includes: Medical Devices, Medical Consumables, Orthopaedics, Urology, Cardiac, Laboratory Equipment, Consumables and Services.
The Commercial & Industrial Solutions sector includes: Office Supplies and Equipment, Logistics, Catering, Food Service, Janitorial Supplies, Gases, Chemicals, Materials Handling, Work Wear, Lubricants, Abrasives.