Interim Supply Chain manager (3-6 Months) - £40k-£45k
- Pressure, flow, instrumentation
- Defence, Aerospace, Medical, Scientific Research and Space
- South East
- You will be part of a Global specialist in the design and manufacturer of process control instrumentation.
- Our client has a well established and diverse customer base ranging from global PLCs to start-up ventures.
- Customer focused culture with local support.
- Our client has an open door policy and open culture policy.
- Our tailored manufacturing solutions maximising our customer profits.
- Agile and flexible in meeting the needs of customer business models.
- Our client has a strong customer focus and support network.
(INTERIM SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER)
- Reporting to Head of Operations, managing a small team of buyers and covering several locations.
- Supplier selection proposals and approval to include fact finding, audits, negotiation
- To support expediting delivery if necessary
- To generate supplier confidentiality and service level agreements where required, necessary filing onto company server
- To generate RFQ (Request For Quotation) packs for new supplier, to include drawings, usage and target pricing
- Validate and compare incoming quotes to identify potential suppliers
- Prepare supporting information for cost negotiation with suppliers, including usage information, competitive quotations and comparisons, engineering data/drawings, annual spend with supplier
- Supplier visits as and when necessary
- Resolution of all escalated supply issues
- Active in all department projects
- OTD improvements
- Daily reports complete by purchasing team
- Effective management of procurement projects
- Introduce and set up good quality suppliers with all relevant agreements in place
The ideal Person
- Experience with Electro/Mechanical procurement
- Must be able to read technical/engineering drawings
- Strong leadership skills (mentoring/coaching) ability for 2 buyers
- Driving licence and willing to travel between sites
- Good working knowledge of MRP
- Can do positive attitude
Consultant: Marc Gibbs
Tel no. 0208 397 4114
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK.
About On Target
On Target Recruitment is now recognised as one of the UK's leading specialist recruitment agencies, with the business having grown significantly since its creation in 1994.
At On Target, we specialise in sales, technical and commercial jobs in the Engineering, Construction, Building Services, Medical & Scientific, and Commercial & Industrial Solutions sectors, enabling our consultants to become experts in their market sector. We place all levels of personnel, up to Director across the UK and internationally.
The roles our sector based teams recruit for include: sales executive jobs, sales engineer jobs, national account manager jobs, business development manager jobs, field sales jobs, retail sales manager jobs, project engineer jobs, design engineer jobs, applications engineer jobs, maintenance engineer jobs, project manager jobs, service engineer jobs, marketing manager jobs, product manager jobs, brand manager jobs, customer service manager jobs, and export manager jobs.
The Construction sector includes: Plumbing, Kitchens, Bathrooms, Ceilings, Flooring, Fabrics, Building Materials, Coatings, Appliances, Kitchens, Roofing, Glazing systems, Doors, Drainage, Tools, Plant and Equipment.
The Building Services sector includes: Lighting, Lighting Controls, Electrical Switchgear and Accessories, Electrical, Heating, Ventilation, Air conditioning, Controls, Valves, Fire, Security, Renewables, BMS.
The Engineering sector includes: Capital Equipment, Control and Automation, Electronic, Energy, Fluid Power, Industrial, Instrumentation, Hydraulics, Pneumatics, Power Transmission and Pumps & Valves.
The Medical & Scientific sector includes: Medical Devices, Medical Consumables, Orthopaedics, Urology, Cardiac, Laboratory Equipment, Consumables and Services.
The Commercial & Industrial Solutions sector includes: Office Supplies and Equipment, Logistics, Catering, Food Service, Janitorial Supplies, Gases, Chemicals, Materials Handling, Work Wear, Lubricants, Abrasives.