Maintenance Technician - Engineering and Manufacturing
- Capital Equipment
- Defence, Aerospace, Medical, Scientific Research and Space
- East Anglia
- Benefits 23 days hols, Pension, Health Scheme (optional) Life Assurance 3x Salary) Management Bonus Scheme
- You will be part of one of the UKs largest engineering and manufacturing companies.
- Our client has a well established and diverse customer base.
- Customer focused culture with local support.
- Exciting opportunity to join the Production/Supply Chain Team.
- Our client has an open door policy and open culture policy.
- Our tailored manufacturing solutions maximising our customer profits.
- Agile and flexible in meeting the needs of customer business models.
- Our client has a strong customer focus and support network.
- Health and Safety, customer service and teamwork core values of the company and the Maintenance Technician will utilise these values to complete maintenance tasks and development initiatives, with the key objectives being to ensure that the plant runs efficiently and that customer service is maximised.
- To contribute to a progressive departmental attitude towards Health & Safety through personal conduct and as part of the Maintenance team.
- To liaise with all plant supervision in order to ensure the smooth running of the facility and to provide a timely response in the event of breakdowns.
- To diagnose electrical and mechanical faults and carry out repairs on machines throughout the plant
- To support all aspects of continuous improvement.
- To understand and be able to carry out the plant start up and shutdown procedure.
- To be available to work through any plant shutdown on maintenance tasks or continuous improvement projects.
- To be flexible and, when needed, available for callout on emergency plant breakdown and absence cover. This may also mean working overtime to provide the necessary cover to meet production requirements.
- To read, understand and work to machine manufacturers’ handbook instructions and drawings.
- To ensure that all work is recorded on the Planned Maintenance System.
- To carry out checks and tests on plant and equipment as required by the PPM Schedule or other source.
- To be a member of the Company Fire Team and be aware of the Fire Safety and Evacuation Procedures.
The Ideal Person:
- Ability to work using your initiative to a high standard with excellent attention to detail whilst meeting deadlines.
- Open style and a team player.
- A qualified multi-skilled technician with a minimum of 5 years’ experience, ideally in a medium or heavy engineering environment with strong electrical competency.
- Welding and fabrication skills would be an advantage although not essential.
- This role will include both mechanical and electrical maintenance work and will sometimes entail you being the single technician on site, so excellent fault finding abilities and self-motivation are essential.
- Recognised apprenticeship/HNC/HND in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering.
Consultant: Marc Gibbs
Tel no. 0208 397 4114
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK
About On Target
On Target Recruitment is now recognised as one of the UK's leading specialist recruitment agencies, with the business having grown significantly since its creation in 1994.
At On Target, we specialise in sales, technical and commercial jobs in the Engineering, Construction, Building Services, Medical & Scientific, and Commercial & Industrial Solutions sectors, enabling our consultants to become experts in their market sector. We place all levels of personnel, up to Director across the UK and internationally.
The roles our sector based teams recruit for include: sales executive jobs, sales engineer jobs, national account manager jobs, business development manager jobs, field sales jobs, retail sales manager jobs, project engineer jobs, design engineer jobs, applications engineer jobs, maintenance engineer jobs, project manager jobs, service engineer jobs, marketing manager jobs, product manager jobs, brand manager jobs, customer service manager jobs, and export manager jobs.
The Construction sector includes: Plumbing, Kitchens, Bathrooms, Ceilings, Flooring, Fabrics, Building Materials, Coatings, Appliances, Kitchens, Roofing, Glazing systems, Doors, Drainage, Tools, Plant and Equipment.
The Building Services sector includes: Lighting, Lighting Controls, Electrical Switchgear and Accessories, Electrical, Heating, Ventilation, Air conditioning, Controls, Valves, Fire, Security, Renewables, BMS.
The Engineering sector includes: Capital Equipment, Control and Automation, Electronic, Energy, Fluid Power, Industrial, Instrumentation, Hydraulics, Pneumatics, Power Transmission and Pumps & Valves.
The Medical & Scientific sector includes: Medical Devices, Medical Consumables, Orthopaedics, Urology, Cardiac, Laboratory Equipment, Consumables and Services.
The Commercial & Industrial Solutions sector includes: Office Supplies and Equipment, Logistics, Catering, Food Service, Janitorial Supplies, Gases, Chemicals, Materials Handling, Work Wear, Lubricants, Abrasives.