Manufacturing Manager - Engineering and Manufacturing
- Defence, Aerospace, Medical, Scientific Research and Space
- East Anglia
- (Benefits 23 days hols, Pension, Health Scheme (optional) Life Assurance 3x Salary) Management Bonus Scheme
- You will be part of one of the UKs largest engineering and manufacturing companies.
- Our client has a well established and diverse customer base.
- Customer focused culture with local support.
- Exciting opportunity to join the Production/Supply Chain Team.
- Our client has an open door policy and open culture policy.
- Our tailored manufacturing solutions maximising our customer profits.
- Agile and flexible in meeting the needs of customer business models.
- Our client has a strong customer focus and support network.
- Customer service, commercial responsibility and teamwork are core values of the company and the Manufacturing Manager will utilise these values to manage and lead the Manufacturing team in all aspects relating to the planning, manufacturing and distribution of product, ensuring that excellent customer service is delivered safely and economically.
- To be responsible for the cost effective production of finished goods to satisfy customer specification and deliver requirements. To interact with managers to ensure all policies, procedures and operational standards are adhered to.
- To interact with managers to ensure all policies, procedures and operational standards are adhered to.
- To be responsible for providing leadership, direction and motivation to ensure all manufacturing staff are able to achieve results in line with the Business Plan and the departmental objectives.
- To lead and inspire the team of operational Managers and Engineers, ensuring that appropriate support is given to enable them to manager effectively. This team comprises the Planning Distribution, Coatings Line, Fabrication and Manufacturing Services Managers.
- To provide leadership to the wider Manufacturing Operations team and work with its management to review structure, improve communication and set standards and objectives in order to improve plant efficiency, on time delivery, on budget performance and other key performance indicators.
- To set standards of excellence and ensure that systems and structures are in place in order to promote the concept of “Zero Harm” and deliver the corporate requirements placed on the department in a timely and efficient manner.
- There is a requirement to monitor all operational systems relating to cost, production, machine utilisation and initiate corrective and preventative action as required.
The Ideal Person:
- Strong leadership, delegation, time management and communication skills.
- Ability to work using own initiative to a high standard with excellent attention to detail whilst meeting deadlines.
- Creative, problem solving and analytical thinker.
- An individual who can lead change but does it in a way which brings the recipients with them.
- Creative, problem solving and analytical thinker.
- Good organisational and presentational skills.
- Operating as a Senior Manager within a dynamic environment.
- Genuine hands-on experience of manufacturing operations and people management.
- Comfortable interacting with mid to upper level management teams.
- Ideally degree level qualification or equivalent gained within an operational, numerical or science based discipline.
- Computer proficient skills including MS Office E-mail, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Comfortable interacting and influencing personnel across the Company at all levels.
- Evidence of the ability to “make a difference”.
- The ability to maintain an upbeat and positive attitude at all times.
Consultant: Marc Gibbs
Tel no. 0208 397 4114
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK.
About On Target
On Target Recruitment is now recognised as one of the UK's leading specialist recruitment agencies, with the business having grown significantly since its creation in 1994.
At On Target, we specialise in sales, technical and commercial jobs in the Engineering, Construction, Building Services, Medical & Scientific, and Commercial & Industrial Solutions sectors, enabling our consultants to become experts in their market sector. We place all levels of personnel, up to Director across the UK and internationally.
The roles our sector based teams recruit for include: sales executive jobs, sales engineer jobs, national account manager jobs, business development manager jobs, field sales jobs, retail sales manager jobs, project engineer jobs, design engineer jobs, applications engineer jobs, maintenance engineer jobs, project manager jobs, service engineer jobs, marketing manager jobs, product manager jobs, brand manager jobs, customer service manager jobs, and export manager jobs.
The Construction sector includes: Plumbing, Kitchens, Bathrooms, Ceilings, Flooring, Fabrics, Building Materials, Coatings, Appliances, Kitchens, Roofing, Glazing systems, Doors, Drainage, Tools, Plant and Equipment.
The Building Services sector includes: Lighting, Lighting Controls, Electrical Switchgear and Accessories, Electrical, Heating, Ventilation, Air conditioning, Controls, Valves, Fire, Security, Renewables, BMS.
The Engineering sector includes: Capital Equipment, Control and Automation, Electronic, Energy, Fluid Power, Industrial, Instrumentation, Hydraulics, Pneumatics, Power Transmission and Pumps & Valves.
The Medical & Scientific sector includes: Medical Devices, Medical Consumables, Orthopaedics, Urology, Cardiac, Laboratory Equipment, Consumables and Services.
The Commercial & Industrial Solutions sector includes: Office Supplies and Equipment, Logistics, Catering, Food Service, Janitorial Supplies, Gases, Chemicals, Materials Handling, Work Wear, Lubricants, Abrasives.