Microgrid Sales Engineer - International
- Telecoms, Mining and Industrial End Users
- London, South East
- £60k-£65k, 15% bonus, 60% overseas travel, 6% company pension and life insurance
- Representing the market leading manufacturer of renewable energy solutions with an excellent reputation in the market place. This family owned business has a multi million pound turnover and is funded purely by private investment.
- Established for over 25 years
- UK head office
- Operate across 10 countries worldwide
- Aiming to achieve market leadership in renewable, solar energy and micro grids.
- Selling the microgrid technology to customers in the telecoms, mining and industrial markets.
- The target for the territory is around £4m-£5m.
- This role will have full P&L responsibility across the Africa and Middle East territories for their renewable product range.
- 60%-70% travel to headquarters of large key accounts, or territories to provide technical knowledge to local sales personnel.
- Supporting regional sales teams across your designated territories.
- Identify customer requirements and provide product, project and knowledge based solutions.
- Oversee and escalate Business Unit performance within the customer/product category.
- The goal is to lead the African PV Market, for on-grid, utilities and off grid power solutions.
The Ideal Person:
- Knowledge of microgrid technology is the most important thing!
- Able to educate end users and territory sales teams on microgrid technology.
- Sales/Business Development experience of 2-3 years in renewable energy, solar energy and solar sectors.
- Experience in export sales and international contract negotiations is a bonus.
- Knowledge of renewable energy business, energy markets (regulation).
- Engineering HND/Degree.
- Clear communicator, who is comfortable in front of CEOs and MDs.
Consultant: Guy Marshall
Tel no. 0208 397 4114
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK
About On Target
On Target Recruitment is now recognised as one of the UK's leading specialist recruitment agencies, with the business having grown significantly since its creation in 1994.
At On Target, we specialise in sales, technical and commercial jobs in the Engineering, Construction, Building Services, Medical & Scientific, and Commercial & Industrial Solutions sectors, enabling our consultants to become experts in their market sector. We place all levels of personnel, up to Director across the UK and internationally.
The roles our sector based teams recruit for include: sales executive jobs, sales engineer jobs, national account manager jobs, business development manager jobs, field sales jobs, retail sales manager jobs, project engineer jobs, design engineer jobs, applications engineer jobs, maintenance engineer jobs, project manager jobs, service engineer jobs, marketing manager jobs, product manager jobs, brand manager jobs, customer service manager jobs, and export manager jobs.
The Construction sector includes: Plumbing, Kitchens, Bathrooms, Ceilings, Flooring, Fabrics, Building Materials, Coatings, Appliances, Kitchens, Roofing, Glazing systems, Doors, Drainage, Tools, Plant and Equipment.
The Building Services sector includes: Lighting, Lighting Controls, Electrical Switchgear and Accessories, Electrical, Heating, Ventilation, Air conditioning, Controls, Valves, Fire, Security, Renewables, BMS.
The Engineering sector includes: Capital Equipment, Control and Automation, Electronic, Energy, Fluid Power, Industrial, Instrumentation, Hydraulics, Pneumatics, Power Transmission and Pumps & Valves.
The Medical & Scientific sector includes: Medical Devices, Medical Consumables, Orthopaedics, Urology, Cardiac, Laboratory Equipment, Consumables and Services.
The Commercial & Industrial Solutions sector includes: Office Supplies and Equipment, Logistics, Catering, Food Service, Janitorial Supplies, Gases, Chemicals, Materials Handling, Work Wear, Lubricants, Abrasives.