What are the 20 best job perks and benefits?
It's more than just salary these days as forward-thinking UK employers show...
From free food, flexible hours and remote working to sabbaticals, volunteering days, free gym membership and a day off for your birthday - these are all perks that are there for the taking.
The best employers are also looking at how they can make the work environment more enjoyable for greater day-to-day job satisfaction, such as games rooms, regular team lunches, and birthday celebrations.
A survey by Glassdoor found that more than a third of employees admit perks and benefits are amongst their top consideration before accepting a new job offer.
What are the 20 best UK job perks out there today?
According to the survey, here are the 20 best job perks and benefits being offered by UK employers and it’s not just the big brand employers that offer interesting and some unusual benefit packages for their staff:
1. Huddle - gives employees a £5,000 joining bonus called a 'Huddle Cuddle', as well as a gift worth £500 every year.
2. TransferWise - takes all staff members away on annual, all-expenses-paid company holidays.
3. Airbnb - offers staff employees $2,000 (£1,413) to travel and see the world.
4. Skyscanner - has negotiated employee discounts at the local pub and beauty salon.
5. The Body Shop - pays staff for five volunteering days per year.
6. Peninsula Business Services - lays on a Christmas party for employees' children.
7. AutoTrader UK - has a wine club, giving employees discounted wine delivered to their door every month. We like the sound of that!
8. Jive Software - offers staff free food including Bacon Thursday and Hot Food Friday, healthy snacks, free drinks including soft drinks, beers on tap and coffee.
9. Opus Professional Services - has a villa in Italy that employees can use free of charge whenever they want.
10. Visualsoft - offers unlimited holiday time and unmonitored flexitime, allowing staff to take the time off that they need.
11. CA Technologies - helps parents out with an on-site Montessori daycare facility.
12. Rackspace - offers employees an extra day off for their birthday. We do that here at On Target too!
13. Allen & Overy - provides a GP and dentist on-site, helping to keep employees' health in tip-top condition.
14. Pentland Brands - provides an on-site swimming pool, gym, tennis court and football pitch.
15. ARM Holdings - offers employees a 4-week sabbatical for every 4 years of service.
16. ASOS - their staff benefit from a 40 per cent discount on website purchases.
17. Swinton Insurance - gives employees an additional day's holiday for Christmas shopping. Don't mind if I do!
18. Google - provides employees with free food while they are at work, with a range of different cuisines on offer.
19. Jagex - offers staff free bicycle repairs at the office, encouraging them to cycle to work and keep fit.
20. Holiday Extras - hires out a cinema every year and offers a free film showing to all employees and their families.
So is your total package rewarding enough?
If you’re looking for something more than an annual pay rise and a more rewarding job, it’s time to start looking for new opportunities. Now is the perfect time for a move!
If you’d like to find out what benefits you could enjoy in another organisation, give On Target a call on 020 8397 4114 to discuss your ideal job with one of our specialist consultants.
Source: Glassdoor survey, March 2016More resources
5 Great Reasons...
...to register with us. Find out why it is the best decision you will make in 2018!
- 5 great reasons to register with On Target Recruitment
- Interview Preparation - A Guide for our Candidates
- Job Interview Questions Bank: common questions and how to answer them
- Free Factsheet: CV Advice
- CV Advice Video
- CV Templates and Tools
- Free Factsheet: Interview Advice
- Free Factsheet: Interview Questions
- Writing a good CV
- Interview Advice Video
- Job Interview Preparation Checklist
- Resignation Letter Template
- Why you should not accept a counter offer