Buyer - £28k-£32k
- High End Balconies
- Main Contractors & Architects
- South East
- £28k-£32k plus quarterly BONUS, pension scheme, mobile phone, company car scheme, free on site lunches, 30 days hols including bank hols, staff loyalty scheme
- Hugely ambitious and market leading balcony and building envelope company.
- Excellent and innovative approach to design and construction installation principals.
- Actively train, develop and promote from within, with genuine opportunities to advance for an ambitious and hard working individual.
- Company turnover growing by 15-20% year on year.
- To purchase goods, materials and services to ensure that the operational needs are met, considering price, quality and delivery and to ensure continuity of supply.
- Required goods delivered on time, to the project specification and within the budget.
- Collaborate with the Supply Chain Manager and Purchasing Assistant to share out the purchasing enquiries.
- Negotiate contracts, improve prices and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make business savings, utilising negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods.
- Build, maintain and manage supplier relationships and keep up good communications.
- Assess and evaluate suppliers and contribute to performance reviews to ensure contract compliance.
- Check off supplier invoices and clarify all discrepancies to ensure prompt supplier payment.
- Contact suppliers to resolve price, quality, delivery or invoice issues and record relevant data in Sage.
- Use Sage/Newforma to issue orders and record any price revisions or agreed changes.
- Conduct research for new components and suppliers.
- Provide analysis on costs, new and existing and review cost reduction activities.
The Ideal Person:
- Previous experience of working in a purchasing team preferably within construction or a manufacturing environment.
- Good knowledge of purchasing, negotiation, commercial understanding and cost breakdown.
- Ability to engineering technical drawings.
- Computer literate with Excel and Sage skills.
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy.
- Able to work well under pressure and handle emergency and stressful situations.
- Commercial and financial awareness with a full understanding of how failure impacts the production, manufacturer and customer order fulfilment.
- Analytical, numerically astute with strong demonstrated problem solving abilities.
- Assertive, resilient and welcomes change.
- Studying towards CIPS or similar qualification would be beneficial but not essential.
- Full driving licence.
Consultant: Marc Gibbs
Tel no. 0208 397 4114
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK.
About On Target
On Target Recruitment is now recognised as one of the UK's leading specialist recruitment agencies, with the business having grown significantly since its creation in 1994.
At On Target, we specialise in sales, technical and commercial jobs in the Engineering, Construction, Building Services, Medical & Scientific, and Commercial & Industrial Solutions sectors, enabling our consultants to become experts in their market sector. We place all levels of personnel, up to Director across the UK and internationally.
The roles our sector based teams recruit for include: sales executive jobs, sales engineer jobs, national account manager jobs, business development manager jobs, field sales jobs, retail sales manager jobs, project engineer jobs, design engineer jobs, applications engineer jobs, maintenance engineer jobs, project manager jobs, service engineer jobs, marketing manager jobs, product manager jobs, brand manager jobs, customer service manager jobs, and export manager jobs.
The Construction sector includes: Plumbing, Kitchens, Bathrooms, Ceilings, Flooring, Fabrics, Building Materials, Coatings, Appliances, Kitchens, Roofing, Glazing systems, Doors, Drainage, Tools, Plant and Equipment.
The Building Services sector includes: Lighting, Lighting Controls, Electrical Switchgear and Accessories, Electrical, Heating, Ventilation, Air conditioning, Controls, Valves, Fire, Security, Renewables, BMS.
The Engineering sector includes: Capital Equipment, Control and Automation, Electronic, Energy, Fluid Power, Industrial, Instrumentation, Hydraulics, Pneumatics, Power Transmission and Pumps & Valves.
The Medical & Scientific sector includes: Medical Devices, Medical Consumables, Orthopaedics, Urology, Cardiac, Laboratory Equipment, Consumables and Services.
The Commercial & Industrial Solutions sector includes: Office Supplies and Equipment, Logistics, Catering, Food Service, Janitorial Supplies, Gases, Chemicals, Materials Handling, Work Wear, Lubricants, Abrasives.