Field Service Engineer - Diesel Engines & Transmissions - £30k
- Diesel Engines, Transmissions, Diesel Generators
- End users within the Bus, Truck, Mobile, Off Highway, Rail, Generators, Automotive, MOD, Forklift, Marine industries etc...
- South East
- £30k, £40k OTE with overtime, van, pension, mobile
- Well respected sales and service provider in the Diesel Engine sector
- Multiple sites across the UK
- Experts in the off road and heavy engineering sectors
- Superb reputation for quality and reliability
- As the Field Service Engineer you will be going out to customer sites, doing diagnostic work & fault finding on Diesel Engines & Transmissions as well as some Diesel Generators.
- Doing repair work if you are able on site otherwise sending them back to the branch if the repair is too large.
- Working on anything from replacement solenoids to full transmissions, fuel pumps, engine rebuilds etc...
- Working within the Bus, Truck, Mobile, Off Highway, Rail, Generators, Automotive, MOD, Forklift, Agricultural Vehicle and Construction Vehicle markets etc…
- This will be a home/field based position but will need to be in the branch as and when required.
- Expected to do 2-3 repairs per day for the smaller stuff and most repairs are £2k-£3k or less.
The Ideal Person:
- As the Field Service Engineer you will ideally have experience doing similar work in the Diesel Engine repair industry though will also consider experience within transmissions, gearboxes or from within the HGV, Bus, Automotive, LGV, Rail, Plant, Truck, Forklift or Generator industries.
- Looking for someone self motivated and driven who is able to work un-supervised
- Consider a workshop technician who is looking to take the step up.
- Hard working, self motivated, driven, positive attitude, good work ethic etc...
Consultant: Bjorn Johnson
Tel no. 0208 397 4114
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK.
About On Target
On Target Recruitment is now recognised as one of the UK's leading specialist recruitment agencies, with the business having grown significantly since its creation in 1994.
At On Target, we specialise in sales, technical and commercial jobs in the Engineering, Construction, Building Services, Medical & Scientific, and Commercial & Industrial Solutions sectors, enabling our consultants to become experts in their market sector. We place all levels of personnel, up to Director across the UK and internationally.
The roles our sector based teams recruit for include: sales executive jobs, sales engineer jobs, national account manager jobs, business development manager jobs, field sales jobs, retail sales manager jobs, project engineer jobs, design engineer jobs, applications engineer jobs, maintenance engineer jobs, project manager jobs, service engineer jobs, marketing manager jobs, product manager jobs, brand manager jobs, customer service manager jobs, and export manager jobs.
The Construction sector includes: Plumbing, Kitchens, Bathrooms, Ceilings, Flooring, Fabrics, Building Materials, Coatings, Appliances, Kitchens, Roofing, Glazing systems, Doors, Drainage, Tools, Plant and Equipment.
The Building Services sector includes: Lighting, Lighting Controls, Electrical Switchgear and Accessories, Electrical, Heating, Ventilation, Air conditioning, Controls, Valves, Fire, Security, Renewables, BMS.
The Engineering sector includes: Capital Equipment, Control and Automation, Electronic, Energy, Fluid Power, Industrial, Instrumentation, Hydraulics, Pneumatics, Power Transmission and Pumps & Valves.
The Medical & Scientific sector includes: Medical Devices, Medical Consumables, Orthopaedics, Urology, Cardiac, Laboratory Equipment, Consumables and Services.
The Commercial & Industrial Solutions sector includes: Office Supplies and Equipment, Logistics, Catering, Food Service, Janitorial Supplies, Gases, Chemicals, Materials Handling, Work Wear, Lubricants, Abrasives.