Junior Estimator – Engineering - £18k-£20k
- Engineering Components
- South East
- £18k-£20k, plus 24 days hols, pension
- Our client who are a manufacturer have a well-established and diverse customer base in the engineering / building services sector.
- Customer focused culture with local support
- Our client has an open door and open culture policy.
- Offer tailored manufacturing solutions maximising our customer’s profits.
- Agile and flexible in meeting the needs of customer business models.
- Our client has a strong customer focus and support network.
- This role provides accurate , technically compliant and timely quotations to customers and distributors.
- Evaluate request for quote (RFQ) and determine compliant solutions from within the product range.
- Prepare and review quotations.
- Ensure margins quoted are as agreed by the business, based on product type and market sold to.Highlight variances to management for review.
- Highlight major projects to management for pricing review.
- Evaluate customers needs and ensuring the most relevant/cost effective solution for each enquiry is provided.
- Accurate and timely completion of project information to the CRM system to provide visibility of quotations to the wider business.
- Develop customer relationships with repeat customers and distributors.
- Provide support to Bid Manager in preparation of major tenders.
- Liaise with other departments to ensure customer needs are met.
- Carry out such additional responsibilities as may be considered necessary.
The Ideal Person:
- Must have good knowledge of Microsoft Office software (particularly Excel).
- Good customer service & communication skills.
- Ideally, experience in manufacturing environment (not a prerequisite) .
Consultant: Marc Gibbs
Tel no. 0208 397 4114
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK.
About On Target
On Target Recruitment is now recognised as one of the UK's leading specialist recruitment agencies, with the business having grown significantly since its creation in 1994.
At On Target, we specialise in sales, technical and commercial jobs in the Engineering, Construction, Building Services, Medical & Scientific, and Commercial & Industrial Solutions sectors, enabling our consultants to become experts in their market sector. We place all levels of personnel, up to Director across the UK and internationally.
The roles our sector based teams recruit for include: sales executive jobs, sales engineer jobs, national account manager jobs, business development manager jobs, field sales jobs, retail sales manager jobs, project engineer jobs, design engineer jobs, applications engineer jobs, maintenance engineer jobs, project manager jobs, service engineer jobs, marketing manager jobs, product manager jobs, brand manager jobs, customer service manager jobs, and export manager jobs.
The Construction sector includes: Plumbing, Kitchens, Bathrooms, Ceilings, Flooring, Fabrics, Building Materials, Coatings, Appliances, Kitchens, Roofing, Glazing systems, Doors, Drainage, Tools, Plant and Equipment.
The Building Services sector includes: Lighting, Lighting Controls, Electrical Switchgear and Accessories, Electrical, Heating, Ventilation, Air conditioning, Controls, Valves, Fire, Security, Renewables, BMS.
The Engineering sector includes: Capital Equipment, Control and Automation, Electronic, Energy, Fluid Power, Industrial, Instrumentation, Hydraulics, Pneumatics, Power Transmission and Pumps & Valves.
The Medical & Scientific sector includes: Medical Devices, Medical Consumables, Orthopaedics, Urology, Cardiac, Laboratory Equipment, Consumables and Services.
The Commercial & Industrial Solutions sector includes: Office Supplies and Equipment, Logistics, Catering, Food Service, Janitorial Supplies, Gases, Chemicals, Materials Handling, Work Wear, Lubricants, Abrasives.