Regional Sales Manager – Catering Equipment
- Tray Systems, Bulk Systems, Bain Maries, Breakfast & Beverage Trolleys, Disposable Containers, Plate & Tray Lowerators
- South East, South West
- £35k-£40k basic + £20k OTE (Uncapped), Company Car, Mobile, Laptop/Surface Tablet, Company Pension (Employer Contributes 5% Employee Contributes 3%) & Private Healthcare (After 6 months)
- Global Company.
- Invest heavily in continuous product development & innovation.
- Multimillion Pound turnover but have retained a family feel.
- Selling a range of food delivery/meal delivery systems such as tray systems, remote monitoring and aftercare services. (Tray Systems, Bulk Systems, Bain Maries, Breakfast & Beverage Trolleys, Disposable Containers, Plate & Tray Lowerators).
- This is very much a solution led sales, as they deal in products from the kitchen to being delivered to the patient.
- Selling mainly into Hospitals dealing with Catering Managers, procurement and will also sit-in on budget meetings if required. They also deal with education, care homes and some prison sites.
- Sales cycle can be long, as this is a capital led sale and individual units can cost from £4k-£14k depending on the need of the client.
- Key part of the role is relationship building and pipeline management.
- The role itself is consultancy based. Listening to the customers need, what the equipment is going to be used for and then advise and specify their needs.
- You will also do the quotations & follow up.
- Once the order is processed at Head Office its then the RSM's responsibility to organise delivery dates with the client and then provide tailored training to the end user (Hostess, Catering Managers, nursing staff etc.).
- You will also be responsible for deciding how long the training will take. You are then the single point of contact for that account.
- Ensuring the pipeline is recorded well and also ensuring that they manage the client base effectively, looking at new revenue streams that you can expose.
- Covering: Bristol. Gloucestershire, Wiltshire, Dorset, Somerset, Devon, Oxfordshire, Berkshire, Hampshire, Buckinghamshire, Sussex, Surrey & Wales.
The Ideal Person:
- Ideally looking for someone with knowledge of the industry so catering equipment into the NHS.
- That being said, they will not discount good sales people who have sold into the NHS before. Some of the team that have been really successful, have been catering managers within the NHS trust so they understand the pains of the food delivery process.
- Want candidates that have the ability to provide a solution, have the ability to sell and also are comfortable presenting.
- The understanding of how Kitchens work in the NHS would be a huge advantage.
- Need to be a self-starter. Have the drive to want to get up in the morning and deliver results.
- Organised, understands reporting and the importance of managing a pipeline & also working smart.
- They invest a lot of time in training as it can take anywhere from 18 months - 2 years for someone to know the products inside and out.
Consultant: Izzy Mills
Tel no. 0208 397 4114
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK.
About On Target
On Target Recruitment is now recognised as one of the UK's leading specialist recruitment agencies, with the business having grown significantly since its creation in 1994.
At On Target, we specialise in sales, technical and commercial jobs in the Engineering, Construction, Building Services, Medical & Scientific, and Commercial & Industrial Solutions sectors, enabling our consultants to become experts in their market sector. We place all levels of personnel, up to Director across the UK and internationally.
The roles our sector based teams recruit for include: sales executive jobs, sales engineer jobs, national account manager jobs, business development manager jobs, field sales jobs, retail sales manager jobs, project engineer jobs, design engineer jobs, applications engineer jobs, maintenance engineer jobs, project manager jobs, service engineer jobs, marketing manager jobs, product manager jobs, brand manager jobs, customer service manager jobs, and export manager jobs.
The Construction sector includes: Plumbing, Kitchens, Bathrooms, Ceilings, Flooring, Fabrics, Building Materials, Coatings, Appliances, Kitchens, Roofing, Glazing systems, Doors, Drainage, Tools, Plant and Equipment.
The Building Services sector includes: Lighting, Lighting Controls, Electrical Switchgear and Accessories, Electrical, Heating, Ventilation, Air conditioning, Controls, Valves, Fire, Security, Renewables, BMS.
The Engineering sector includes: Capital Equipment, Control and Automation, Electronic, Energy, Fluid Power, Industrial, Instrumentation, Hydraulics, Pneumatics, Power Transmission and Pumps & Valves.
The Medical & Scientific sector includes: Medical Devices, Medical Consumables, Orthopaedics, Urology, Cardiac, Laboratory Equipment, Consumables and Services.
The Commercial & Industrial Solutions sector includes: Office Supplies and Equipment, Logistics, Catering, Food Service, Janitorial Supplies, Gases, Chemicals, Materials Handling, Work Wear, Lubricants, Abrasives.